Friday, December 11, 2015

25 Days of Ornaments: Days 10 and 11

Today I have two ornaments for you because last night I didn't have internet. 


William and I bought these two ornaments in Prague while on our honeymoon in 2004. 

On the bell is written Praha, which is how you say Prague in Czech. 
The city is divided into sections all labeled  by number. We stayed in a little apparent in Praha 9 off the Florinc subway stop. This bell reminds me of our first overseas adventure together and the many many churches we saw in that beautiful city. 

The corn husk heart is a traditional Czech decoration. We bought it in a cute little shop on Gold street.  
It reminds me of the cute shops we saw on that street and of walking home on rainy romantic evenings. 

We plan to return to Prague on our 30th wedding anniversary and attend mass at St. Nicholas Cathedral. 
We went to mass at St. Nicholas' on the last day of our honeymoon and there was a couple celebrating their 30th Anniversay. They had the priest bless their marriage. 
I decided that day we would return and do the same on our 30th anniversary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment