Monday, December 14, 2015

25 Days of Ornaments: Day 14



This is one of my favorite ornaments. I got it when I was 5 or 6 and I remember very clearly the moment I got it. I was so proud of it and so proud of the accomplishment it represented. 

I got this ornament the year I learned to ride my bike without training wheels. I had a lovely green bike named Pickle with big handle bars and a banana seat. 
I loved that bike and I think about it every time I see this ornament.
I loved that bike so much that when I lived in China and went to buy a bike, to ride around the city, I got one that kind or reminded me of Pickle.  
(Her name was Alice) 

This ornament represents a happy time for me. I remember the room I got it in and I remember my siblings being there, and the ornaments they got.  I remember the tree. And I remember being so happy about finally learning to ride my bike (it was not easy for me). 

This ornament reminds me of happy together Christmases of my childhood.









No comments:

Post a Comment