Wednesday, December 9, 2015

25 Days of Ornaments: Day 9


We bought these little stocking ornaments in China. They are made of Chinese silk. When we first saw them at the Christmas market we felt they were the perfect blend of Chinese culture and Christmas. We actually bought a bunch of these and sent them to our friends to remind them of us. Do you have one on your tree? 
The one in the picture above we sent to my parents in 2007. 


This green and red one I bought in 2008 because I was sad that I'd given all the ones I bought away.  I wanted to make sure I had one on my tree to always remind us of our quiet Christmases in China.  


This pink and brown one I bought in 2009 for Rosie. It was her first Christmas and I wanted her to have something to remind her of her birthplace. 

These little silk stockings are very special to me and bring back lots of good memories of Christmases in China. But I especially love that the kids ask me to tell some of them every year. 








No comments:

Post a Comment