Thursday, December 17, 2015

25 Days of Ornaments: Day 17


When I was about five or six I would sit in our living room and watch the Mickey Mouse Club. The old black and white one with Annette Funicello. We would also watch the old black and white Zorro and old fashioned Mickey cartoons. I loved these shows. I also loved the information clips about Disneyland and Disney World. 

I had been to Disneyland and it was wonderful. But then they would show clips of Disney World and this new place, Epcot. It all looked so amazing but it was all so far away.  My brother and I would day dream and talk about visiting. I was determined that some day I would go to Disney World. 

It was a life long dream. 

Then, in 2011, after we returned from China my mom took us! It was everything and more than I had dreamed. 

It was a dream come true. 


We went at Halloween and attended Mickey' s not so scary Halloween party.  We dressed up as the Peter Pan movie. 

The ornament above is the ornament I chose after an hour in the Christmas store. I liked it because it is kind of old fashioned looking. It's kind of whimsical looking but still has the magic of Mickey. 

It reminds me of my first trip to Disney World. 









No comments:

Post a Comment