Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Royal Wedding 109/365

So today was the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.  When I first heard about it I didn't think I'd really be that interested in it. Even up until a couple days ago I wasn't even sure if I was going to watch it.

But of course I got caught up in the excitement of it all.

I was especially inspired by my Sister-in-law, Annie, who has been keeping up on the wedding news since day one. She was even interviewed on the radio about her take on the wedding and got up at 5am today to watch it at a pub with champagne and wedding cake.

Our Royal Wedding celebrations were not so fancy but we still had fun.  We did get up at 3am to watch the start of the coverage...But it was still two hours till the wedding so we went back to bed. When we did get up to watch the wedding we had English scones and coffee for breakfast.
(My mom bought me this cup at Buckingham Palace, it's part of the Royal Collection to celebrate the Queen's Coronation Anniversary)

Even baby got up early to watch the wedding...
She liked the music the best
And she liked the waving. When the Prince and Kate were driving and waving she thought it was great fun to wave back at them.
She also enjoyed the scones very much.

And since we were all being happy and silly anyway, I got out my wedding veil and wore it. William took and edited this picture with his iPhone.
I know alot of people have been compaining about the coverage that the wedding got. But like they said in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 
Harry:"It seems a bit silly to be having a wedding with everything that's happening"
Hermione: "Maybe because of everything that's happening is why we should have a wedding"
There's alot of crap going on in the world right now, so it's rather nice to have a royal wedding to offer some distraction and some joy.  Weddings are joyful and hopeful celebrations. And that's just what we could all use right about now.

So many blessings on the newly married couple. We wish you joy and love and happiness...
 and lots of beautiful babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment