Tuesday, April 26, 2011

EASTER 104/365

Easter was lovely. I think this was the first time I've ever had post Easter blues. It was really fun going to church every day of the week and really celebrating the Easter Season and it made Easter day feel so much more special when it finally arrived.

After Easter Mass there was an Easter egg hunt for the kids. Baby was a little confused but she studied the other kids and had fun.

She enjoyed picking of the brightly colored eggs and playing with them. She didn't know what the candy inside was and that was just fine with me.



Father Michael led amazing services all week
I made Easter Baskets for Aunt Mae and Mom and William
We had a wonderful lunch of Cornish game hens, carrot soup with dill cream, deviled eggs, Saffron rice, Aunt Mae's amazing cranberry salad, spring greens, creamed spinach and my mom's homemade ginger ale.
It was a feast! Naturally we had too much food but it was a holiday and that's what you're supposed to do on holidays. Plus we didn't have to make dinner that night so that was nice.
 I couldn't find Dark Chocolate Easter bunnies for William's Basket so my mom made some. I put cotton candy behind them to prop them up and be their tails.
And for her Easter gift Baby Girl got gardening tools and a watering can with some of her own seeds. She was very happy about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment