Thursday, September 11, 2014

First Day of School

 Here's something a bit out of order in the chronicle of our Summer time adventures.  But we are all so excited about it that I thought I'd post it now.

On August 6th we had our very first day of School!

Both kids were very excited about it and did really well with their work.



Both kids did an "All About Me" book where they drew pictures of themselves and their family and answered questions about themselves.

This is Obi's book. He took answering the questions very seriously after he saw Rosie do it. I wrote down exactly what he said...

 Here is the cover of Rosie's book. She's very good at coloring and she can already write her own name. She did this all by her self.
 These are the answers Rosie gave on you "favorites" page. Again, I wrote exactly what she told me...
One of my favorite answers to one of the questions in the book was to the question 
"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
Rosie's answer? A Kid!
I thought her Papa would like that one.

Obi said he wanted to be a Dragon when he grew up.
And then he roared at me.

 I am so amazed at the wonderful things Rosie is learning and it's been such an amazing experience to watch her mind grow and expand and figure things out much faster than I expected her too.

 We are doing a combination of preschool and kindergarten lessons and we are using a first grade science book. Rosie's hunger for knowledge is almost difficult to keep up with. She wants to know everything about everything right now!
I love that about her.

 Obi is participating in a lot of Rosie's lessons. Not all of them but most of them.  
We are also doing some things with him geared more towards his age. Rosie really enjoys being able to teach him things like colors and shapes and he really enjoys learning them from her.
It's very good for both of them.
I couldn't be happier with this little guy and how much fun he is. It's just makes me so happy when he tells me when he sees a letter he knows.

Both kids are enjoying doing the ABCs. We do a letter each week.
These pictures are from "C" week. C is for Crown. 
We also made cupcakes that week.
Every morning Rosie wakes up and asks if we can start school. 
At the end of every day she asks why we have to stop and couldn't please do some more school?
On Saturdays she cries if I don't have any school work for her. 

I love this little girl and I'm excited to see her grow and learn. 
It's a lot more work than I thought it would be.
But I enjoy it very much.

I fully expect Rosie to far accede what I can keep up with by the age 10... 
...right about the time she's taller than me.


No comments:

Post a Comment