Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sweet Birthday Fun 115/365

I am very loved and very spoiled. I got lots of wonderful gifts today...
A giant cupcake pan, a cupcake making book, a tea pot from England with my favorite rose pattern on it with matching sugar bowl and creamer, my favorite movie and little gold plated tea spoons to match my tea set.  The handles on the spoons are little roses!

I spent most of the day working on my giant cupcake birthday cake. I like baking and I would really like to get better at decorating cakes so I was really looking forward to making my own cake.
It had two layers, the top one yellow and the bottom one rich chocolate with chocolate chips and I made Boston Cream custard for the filling.
It was a very heavy cake and since it was Gluten Free it wasn't as strong... and it kind of didn't make it...
At least my normal sized cup cakes turned out pretty well. I had fun playing with my frosting bag.

Well the cake didn't turn out looking the way I wanted it to, but it was still fun to make and to eat. I learned something about what not to do and now I just need to practice a few more times. Any one want to come over and eat all the cakes and cupcakes I'd like to try out?
Thank you every one for all the love and phone calls. It was a wonderful birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment