Monday, October 27, 2014

Our Little Captain Hook

If there's one thing I'm proud of doing with my kids it's giving them a love of Holidays.
Holidays, big and small, are wonderfully fun (and one of my favorite things about being Catholic, we get a lot of extra ones!).

 So I don't really know why it surprised me when Obi announced one day, about two months ago
 "I wove Hawwooweeeen"

Since then he's insisted that he wanted to be Captain Hook.

I waited a while to see if he would change his mind. He didn't. He was very insistent that he wanted to be Captain Hook.


The day his costume came in the mail he was a very happy pirate indeed.
Here he is saying "AARRRRR" like a good little pirate.
He was so proud of every piece of the costume and made me put it on him right away.
 But the best part is, he loves wearing the thing all the time and at very random times.
One day William had to send the day working under the house and put a bandanna on his head. Obi decided Daddy was a pirate and ran into the house asking me for his Captain Hook costume.
 He wore it all day long.

We like to get good use out of our costumes.

 Here he is helping Daddy. Apparently this is how Daddy Pirates dress.

Rosie is still debating about her costume. I'll post pictures of her once she decides what she wants to be.

They have both been planning their costumes since July or August. And we have had our play room decorated for Halloween since Labor Day.

I hope you are having a wonderfully festive season, however you choose to celebrate it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment