Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day

 Yesterday was Father's day and we had a wonderful day of celebrating William and how thankful we are for him. 

This was William's first father's day that he got to spend with his Baby Girl. Last year he was in China and I was in the US. So I wanted to make sure this year was extra special.

On Monday I made William oatmeal raisin cookies, one of his favorites. He got to eat them all week long and then on Sunday I made him Ghirardelli double chocolate brownies, another favorite.
Rosie examines Daddy's Boo-boo

Actually I got the date of Father's Day wrong this year. I thought it was the second week of June, like mother's day, but it's the third week. After sending both our dad's cards by express mail because I thought they would be late, I learned that I had another week to plan. That turned out great actually because I had more time to get a few more things for William, and to plan our church outfits. 


 Baby Girl got her Daddy a new iPod shuffle. It's so teeny tiny! It's perfect for wearing around outside while he's working and won't get in his way because it's so small.

I got William a new tie. Partly because it was a nice looking tie and partly because I thought it was funny to get him something so cliche.
Boys love new toys. Even small ones.

We are so proud of William and are so thankful to for how much he loves us. He really is an amazing father.
 William request hamburgers for dinner so I made big thick garlic burgers with colby-jack cheese. I was quite pleased with how they turned out and I think William was too.
 After dinner we played in the liquor cabinet to see what we could make from what we had.  William made dirty martinis and something with Chocolate milk, Kahlua and Bailey's Irish Cream.  After we got him good and drunk we sent him to play video games.
  
Shaken, not stirred.
Thank you William for being such a loving Daddy to our little Angel and for never being too cool or serious to be silly with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment