Thursday, December 10, 2009

Holiday Cheer

What would the holidays be without food? Food is half the magic of this Holiday season. And a very important part of Holiday food is Holiday DRINK!



I don't know what it is about Apple Cider that makes me feel all warm and Christmasy.. but no matter what time of year I drink it, I feel like Christmas.

Apple Cider is probably the easiest Christmas treat to make. All you need is some Apple Juice (buy a good brand. I use Dole) Some Cinnamon sticks (not powder... I tired that, yuk) and some whole cloves.

Pour the Apple Juice in a sauce pan and drop in a few sticks of cinnamon and some cloves. Turn the flame all the way down and let heat slowly. Don't let it boil or it will be too sweet. When it's hot pour it in a cup and drink it. I like to put the sticks of cinnamon in the cup. I like the extra cinnamon taste.
I reuse my sticks and cloves a few times (it's hard to find real cinnamon sticks in china)

If you don't like the taste of cloves don't put very many in. but it tastes good if you put a few in.

I keep apple juice in the house and make this almost every night now. It's less fattening than Hot Chocolate.

Also, it tastes best (and more romantic) if you serve it matching mugs... best is Christmas mugs.
Final step. Cuddle up with your Santa Baby and watch Star Trek. mmm a perfect evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment