Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A Christmas Post

I still have several things to show you from this Fall... like our rockin' awesome All Saints Day party... but I want to show you some of our Christmas doings around here.

We've been keeping very busy making gifts and going shopping and doing all we can to really enjoy this Christmas Season. I'm SO glad we started in September because it's coming SO FAST that there's no way we would have had time for everything before Christmas if we hadn't started early.

Rosie was quit the little decorating elf. She LOVED putting up the Christmas tree and she buzzed through the house keeping us all on track decorating the rest of the house for Christmas.
Obadiah loves the Christmas tree too. He likes to poke it with a for and see if it's worth eating.

 Speaking of Obi, he's making the cutest faces lately! he's fully mobile and climbs on everything. Here he is chasing me around the living room. Silly little guy.
 I always love the time of Advent. Our church has the prettiest Advent Wreath. I keep trying to take pictures of it but they blow the candles out so early after church. So a couple weeks ago I look my camera out during church and tried to sneak this picture. My friends made fun of me for it after church. Apparently I wasn't sneaking enough.
 It's becoming a little tradition of our church to go over to Father Michael's house and decorate his house for him.  Rosie is did most of the Christmas tree while William put lights on the roof. Thankfully, it wasn't raining this year while he was doing that.
Last week we broke into Father Michael's house with some friends of ours and put a train for him under the tree. He loves trains so we thought having his very own train would be fun for him. Gregory was there to help too but didn't feel like being in the pictures.
 Rosie is enjoying this Advent season in her Sunday School class.  She loves story time the most but I think she also really enjoys the coloring and crafts. She's always so happy to show them to me.  During story time she's always front and center answering all the questions. 
 The Gaylord Hotel in Nashville always plays a special part of our Christmas activities.  They always have FANTASTIC decorations that make you go "oooo" and "AAAAWWWW" at every step.
Rosie had been asking all week if she could go the Christmas Castle and ride the train. So on Monday we took a family day and had a very Christmasy day. Rosie was so happy to get to ride the train.
Obi was happy to get to crawl around in the play area and play with blocks. He was also very happy to be hanging out with his Daddy.
And my favorite part of the entire wonderful day was when Rosie went shopping all by her self.  In the Gaylord's Holly Jolly Christmas Village, where you can see Santa and ride the train, they have a General store for kids only. The parents get to sit outside against a partition wall (where it is easy to keep and ear on your baby on the other side) while your dear little one can pick out a gift all by them selves and, with the help of the store assistant, wrap the gift and make a card.

Rosie was so excited when I told her what the place was that she laughed out load and jumped up and down.  She was so eager to do it that she was on the other side of the partition wall before I even got finished asking her if she wanted to do it!

Here is my big little girl with the present she picked out and wrapped all by her self. She was very insistent that the present was for Mommy and Daddy and that it need to go under the tree. I can't wait to see what she got me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment