Thursday, July 30, 2009

Highlights from Miriam's Visit

Here's a picture of Miriam on her first day in Shanghai. William is an expert in Chinese breakfast street food so he took her to find some. Some how we managed to have her come during the HOTTEST part of our summer. It's about 8 or 9 am in this picture and already in the 90's.


The first day she was in shanghai was Saturday. We didn't ease her in at all. We figured she'd already been in Beijing for a week so she must be a pro already. We went to Yu Garden. There's lots of fun shopping and eating and pretty buildings there. did I mention it was HOT?



Here I am bargaining and translating for Miriam in a shop. I did ALOT of that during this trip. Both my Chinese and my Bargaining improved during the 2 weeks.



Of course we did ALOT of eating during this trip. Partly because Miriam appreciates good food and it was an excuse to go to every good restaurant we could think of (and fit in to the 10days) and partly because I like to eat... and I'm always hungry.
Here I am at my favorite place to eat in Yu Garden. I was ordering hungry and got a little carried away... William had to stop me before I ordered one of everything on the menu.

Naturally I ordered too much... but it sure was good!

Which reminds me. I'm hungry... I need to go find some food...

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture. I makes me hungry every time I look at it! I love this food! it's pretty much rice based dim sum.

    ReplyDelete