Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Now that's using your Noodle


Welcome to Shanghai Noodles.
Why Noodles? Well I'm not really sure.. except that's what I was eating when I made this blog. Besides. I really like noodles. Rice noodles anyway.

My Mom has been asking me to make a blog for MONTHS. So I gave my self a dead line and it has arrived. Actually it's past so I guess it's time.

It's been a long LONG time since I've attempted blogging. I'm a bit nervous that I won't be any good at it. But hopefully this will be fun and will help keep every one updated who wants to be.

We had a Sampa Site when we first arrived in China but that was immediately blocked by the Great Fire Wall and the site was kind of annoying to navigate (plus, blogger has a spell check). So here I am on Blogger.. which as just recently been blocked by the GFW but we are hoping that is only temporary. (VPNs are life savers over here)

The reason for all the recent blockings (youtube, twitter, blogspot, Wikipedia was and then it wasn't again but now selected Wiki pages are, and many many other sites you won't think worth blocking) is because this year marks the 60th Anniversary of the PEOPLE''s Republic of China... that is... the establishment of the Communist government in China. And in China they like to flex their muscles every once in a while to remind us they are still in charge.

SO. We will try to keep this going as long as we can. But it already looks like we are going to have trouble loading pictures.

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Well, this is totally exciting!! I found a blog in Wuxi that I used to read just because it was the same city you lived in and I could see pictures. The guy even videoed a typhoon, which fortunately didn't have much kick by the time it got there. GBYE.

    ReplyDelete