Saturday, September 22, 2012

Happy 6 months Obadaih!

It's been along time since I've posted any pictures of my adorable children. I feel like I blinked and missed September. Where did it go?!

For us it was mostly a sick month. We were all sick with various colds and flues for about 3 weeks and that kind of took the wind out of our sails for a while. Mostly we sat around and groaned and watched alot of TV.

But some fun thing still went on. For one, Obi turned 6 months old and cut his first two teeth!! He's growing up so fast. I feel like he's zooming through the baby stages faster than I can capture them with my camera. He's 16.5 pounds now, a big healthy and happy boy.
The high light of September was "Aunty" Jenny coming to visit.  Jenny and Ross are Obi's Godparents. (He's got two sets of them because he's special like that and William and I are fun like that. Jen and Ross are his Non-Catholic ones.)
Jenny was here for the first day of September, which is our "unofficial"opening of the Christmas Season. It was fun to have her around for listening to Christmas music and she even brought us presents to open! Then she took us to Tractor Supply Co. and help me pick out some cowboy jeans. Jenny is my favorite person to shop with.  I always seem to find things I like when she's with me.
Rosie has been growing by leaps and bounds as well. Literally leaps. I bought her several pairs of jeans and shirts at a consignment sale not very long ago in size 3 thinking they'd last her through Fall. And then one morning she woke up and was magically too big for them!  Luckily it's consignment sale season and I LOVE consignment sale shopping. I have fun finding awesome deals at the consignment sales in Nashville.
So Rosie is not wearing a size 4 and she'll be 3 years old next month. I don't know when my little baby girl grew up to be such a big little person. She sure is fun though. Her favorite thing to do right now is dance. We watched a lot of the Olympics this summer and her favorite sport was the "Dancing Girls."  She dances all over the house all day long now, and she's very good at it.
I can't really remember much else about what we did this past month of September except we did discover our new favorite TV show (I told you we were sick alot). I grew up watching Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood and I tried to record some for Rosie. I was very dissappointed to find that Mr. Rogers' is no longer on the air but I did find a new show that I totally love and is the most wonderful show out there right now.
It's called Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood.  Fan's of Mr. Rogers will love the elements of the original that have been left in to new one.  They even tried to make the characters voices as close to what Fred Rogers made them. It's very cute and best of all it's educational. 

No comments:

Post a Comment