Thursday, January 28, 2010

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

They say that "Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder" but then they also say "Out of Site, Out of Mind"
So which one has it been for you in my absence from blogging?

Over the New Year holiday (or "Western New Year" as the Chinese call it) My dear friend Julie came to visit us. It has been 3 years since I have seen Julie and ALOT has changed in each of our lives. Julie and I were roommates during my brief stint in collage and at the time we were inseparable.
Over the years we have remain dear friends but I admit I was a little nervous for this visit. I wasn't sure if we were still kindred spirits or if we had grow too far apart.

Posted by Picasa
Well I did not need to worry.

After a few short days Julie and I were right back to being caught up and amazing friends.
We can still joke about the silly times we had in college... and even make fun of the same people we made fun of then *cough* MEL.

But this trip was also wonderful for making new memories.
Like sneaking into the JingMao bar even though it was closed,
being mobbed by Chinese women when they see Rosie,
Julie getting felt up by the shop girl who was "measuring" her (true story),
and getting yelled at for taking pictures in the candy store.

I am so happy and blessed to have a friend like Julie and I know now that she is more than just a friend or my college roommate. She will always be part of our family and I'm so happy she got to come and meet our little Rosie,
who lucky to have such an adoring Godmother.

I look forward to the day when we can all go out and get matching Tattoos.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwwww. I just saw this post. Thank you love for an amazing visit and your precious friendship. It was wonderful to make some new in-person memories (I won't let it be another three years!) and to meet Rosie, who grabbed my heartstrings in a single moment. Thanks to all of you for making me feel like part of the family.

    ReplyDelete