Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Halloween

I know my Mom posted about Bonnie's first Halloween already, But I wanted to make sure it was well documented.
Bonnie Rose was born during my favorite time of year. Autumn! And just as all the great holidays are coming. For me "the Holiday Season" starts in October. (well.. unless you count that I start listening to Christmas music in September) And Halloween is a great way to start this magical time of year.

Halloween was always a favorite of mine growing up. And I've held on to that child-like playfulness that the holiday inspires. I LOVE dressing up!

Bonnie was just 2 weeks old on Halloween so we kept it very simple (we were ALL still recovering) but we still dressed up.
My mom made some amazing chilli and corn bread and then we dressed up the baby.
OH.. and we decorated the house.

I'm especially proud of our decorations. We finally took them down yesterday.. (well at least we took down the ghosts and Hector (the glow in the dark Skeleton). We left the pumpkins up for Thanksgiving) Because it's time to start decorating for the OTHER Holidays.



This year William and I weren't very creative in our own costumes. Bonnie Rose looked ridiculously cute as Tigger. I dressed up as a hippie (that's an easy one for me) and William is ... can you guess?
Yes. William is a glass of Guinness.

No comments:

Post a Comment